Chapter Partnering Training
by Mid-Atlantic Chapter
To provide professionals involved in the management of MSW landfills with the basic information to run a successful operation. This course is newly revised as of 2021.
This 3-day course consists of presentations by SWANA certified landfill instructor, classroom exercises, case studies, a half-day tour and field exercise at a local landfill. Please bring a calculator for class activities.
Upon Completion of this Course Participants Will:
- Understand the issues to be considered when planning, operating and closing a landfill, including landfill economics.
- Learn the basics of landfill site restrictions, how to comply with design requirements, bioreactor landfills, leachate and landfill gas management.
- Know about compliance inspections, basic regulatory standards and the importance of safety and contingency plans.
- Prepare for SWANA’s MOLO certification exam.
To become SWANA Certified you must successfully complete the certification course and pass the exam with a minimum score of 70% through SWANA HQ. Separate fees for the course and the exam are charged. The registration form for the course with the Mid-Atlantic Chapter is on the last page.
A check for all fees must accompany the completed registration form.
SWANA Continuing Education Credits (Managers, Associates & Inspectors) for each Certification Discipline from this course will apply to other certifications that you hold.
Consider Becoming SWANA Certified:
SWANA’s MOLO certification exam is available through SWANA HQ, or at any SWANA event where testing is available (separate registration and fee is required to take the exam).
JOIN SWANA to SAVE on registration
Shape the landscape of your career, Get SWANA Certified!
SWANA Certification has become a benchmark in the solid waste industry. More than 3,000 solid waste professionals have chosen SWANA Certification, earning themselves:
- Competence in regulatory requirements.
- Access to the latest in industry innovation and technology.
- An edge over the competition when seeking a promotion or new employment.
- Recognition for their industry knowledge, capability and so much more.
With over 10,000 members spread across 44 chapters, SWANA is the leading professional association in the solid waste field. SWANA represents professionals in both the public and private sector through our work to “Educate, Innovate and Communicate.” SWANA’s mission is to advance the practice of environmentally and economically sound management of municipal solid waste.
Some benefits of joining SWANA include:
- Online Membership Directory access.
- Special Access to the eLibrary, the solid waste industry’s most comprehensive database of papers and presentations.
- Endless opportunities to network and share ideas with fellow solid waste professionals on the local and national level.
- Timely updates on regulations and changes that will affect your operations.
- Increased knowledge through numerous training courses and conferences.
For more information on SWANA Membership benefits, call 1-800 GO-SWANA (1-800-467-9262) or visit www.swana.org.
The Mid-Atlantic Chapter is comprised of members who live and/or work in Maryland, Delaware and the District of Columbia. Check out our website at www.swana-midatl.org.
Your Instructor – Jason Munyan, P.E., BCEE
Holds a Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Science from The Richard Stockton College of New Jersey and earned his Master’s Degree in Environmental Engineering from Drexel University in 2005. His work history has given him a wide range of experience in landfill related areas including but not limited to; on site labor, landfill design, permitting, construction, inspection and operations. He is currently a licensed professional engineer in the state of Delaware, a Board Certified Environmental Engineer and works for the Delaware Solid Waste Authority as the Chief of Facilities Management. His duties include overseeing the operations of multiple Municipal Solid Waste Landfills and Transfer Stations across the state. He also received his SWANA MOLO certification.
PLEASE REGISTER EARLY – SEATING IS LIMITED
|MOLO Course ☐ $475||MOLO Course ☐ $575|
|Total Paid||$||Total Paid||$|
PAYMENT MUST ACCOMPANY REGISTRATION FORM
Costs include all course materials and a potential landfill tour. Lunch is on your own. Please submit one registration form for each student; however, checks may include fees for more than one student.
NAME: TITLE: AGENCY/COMPANY:
DAYTIME TELEPHONE NUMBER:
SWANA MEMBER: YES NO WHICH CHAPTER:
QUESTIONS ON MOLO COURSE? Contact Jason Munyan at (302) 739-5361. Payment Options (check the one that applies):
- Check – Include a check with registration form and make check payable to “SWANA Mid-Atlantic Chapter”
and mail check and registration form to Jennifer Padgett at address below.)
- Request an invoice – email Jennifer Padgett at email@example.com and attach registration form and request invoice with preferred form of payment.
- Credit Card or Bank Transfer – email Jennifer Padgett at firstname.lastname@example.org and attach registration form and request a link to pay by credit card or bank transfer.
Mail registration form and check to:
Jennifer M. Padgett, P.E. Treasurer – SWANA Mid-Atlantic Chapter
1912 Liberty Rd, Suite 26
Eldersburg, MD 21784
*Note: SWANA HQ PRICES for Manager of Landfill Operations course are $1099 for members and $1,499 for non- members.